Macklemore & Ryan Lewis just released a new album entitled The Heist, and they have been putting out some amazing music videos that pack a powerful punch. Their latest video for the song 'Same Love' is a video about marriage equality and how we should really be taking another look at how we act towards same sex marriage.
The video follows the life of young black boy who is gay and is struggling to fit in. He stands alone at a school dance and his parents disapprove. Later in the video, that same boy befriends a man, and the two of them are looked down upon by society and their families.
The video has a happy ending, however, and the lyrics that Macklemore & Ryan Lewis speak to small but powerful problems, like how the word "gay" gets thrown around carelessly. This is a great video that highlights a positive message.
The Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Video Supports Civil Rights
1. Marriage Equality Advocacy - Opportunity to create innovative campaigns and content that support and promote marriage equality.
2. LGBTQ+ Representation in Media - Opportunity to incorporate diverse LGBTQ+ characters and stories to promote inclusivity in the media.
3. Social Activism Through Music - Opportunity to use music as a platform for social change and activism.
1. Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunities in creating inclusive content and platforms that support marriage equality.
2. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunities in creating compelling advertisements that champion LGBTQ+ rights and diversity.
3. Music - Disruptive innovation opportunities in using music as a tool for social activism and promoting positive social change.