The Child Chair my Maaten Bass is not just any chair -- this chair is made of clay and is worth a whopping $2,100.
This expensive piece of kids' furniture is made of molding clay which was cast over a metal frame.
The chairs themselves aren't much to look at since they resemble something a kid would conjure up... but perhaps that is their purpose.
Implications - Highly expensive children's furniture can be seen as wasteful in the eyes of many consumers, as children themselves may not be old enough to appreciate their value. However, the ability for companies to incorporate child-like designs into their products is favourable for many adult consumers who have a soft spot in their heart for a youthful time in their lives.
Maarten Baas' Child's Chair Looks Simple, But it Costs $2100
1. Expensive Children's Furniture - The trend of expensive children's furniture made with unconventional materials has the potential to attract high-end consumers seeking unique and exclusive products for their children's rooms.
2. Child-like Designs - The trend of incorporating child-like designs in adult products can offer a nostalgic and playful element to attract consumers seeking products that appeal to their inner child.
3. Unconventional Materials - The trend of using unconventional materials, such as molding clay, for furniture-making can provide opportunities for experimental and eco-friendly designs in the furniture industry.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - The furniture manufacturing industry has the opportunity to explore unconventional materials and unique designs to create exclusive and high-end products that appeal to niche market segments.
2. Home Decor - The home decor industry can incorporate child-like designs and unconventional materials into a variety of products that cater to adult consumers seeking playful and unique decor for their living spaces.
3. Luxury Goods - The luxury goods industry can leverage the trend of expensive children's furniture made with unconventional materials to offer exclusive and high-end products for affluent consumers seeking unique and rare pieces for their homes.