The 2012 Light Festival held in Ghent, Belgium, featured numerous luminescent spectacles including the Luminarie De Cagna. The cathedral-like architecture was booming with color as it was lit up by 55,000 LED lights.
Walking through the Luminarie De Cagna combines the holy experience of religion and the bright colors of a wild rave. The glowing lights are a whirlwind of swirling patterns, showcasing plenty of popping colors. Everywhere one looks offers an extreme overload for one's visual senses. The structure is 28 meters high and would fit in perfectly on the Las Vegas strip.
If more cathedrals looked like the Luminarie De Cagna, I am sure that a lot more children and teenagers would be inclined to go to church on a regular basis.
The Luminarie De Cagna is Blindingly Beautiful
1. Immersive Lighting Installations - Opportunities to create large-scale lighting installations for events and public spaces that rely on creative immersive experiences.
2. Futuristic Architecture - Opportunities to incorporate advanced lighting technology and futuristic designs in traditional buildings for aesthetic and functional purpose.
3. Art and Technology Fusion - Opportunities for artists and technologists to collaborate and bring never-seen-before innovative installations and experiences to public events and spaces.
1. Event Planning - Designing and creating immersive visual experiences to make events more engaging and memorable using light installations.
2. Architecture - Introducing advanced lighting systems for designing futuristic and impressive buildings.
3. Art and Design - Creating novel lighting installations for public spaces that incorporate art and technology, and offer more interactive and immersive experiences to the public.