Besides offering much-needed illumination, light fixtures often become accessories as well. One goal that the Lumen Pinewood Lamp aims to achieve is a functionality all of its own.
Unlike a table lamp, this unusual floor lamp does not require a surface on which to stand. In fact, it includes one as part of its design. It strives to increase practicality where its sole-role cousins fall short, and offers the user a small tray which can act as a desk or a shelf.
As for the overall form of this lanky piece of lighting, creator Enrico Salis has it performing acrobatics. The hinged pieces of soft colored lumber defy gravity to suspend a spherical paper lantern from a height of 180 centimeters. The material honesty of the Lumen Pinewood Lamp expresses its strength in carrying out this balancing act, and subtly suggests the taut strings that help hold it in place.
The Lumen Pinewood Lamp Endeavors to be Taken Seriously
1. Multi-functional Lighting - Disruptive innovation opportunities lie in creating light fixtures that not only provide illumination but also serve additional purposes.
2. Space-saving Design - Innovations can be pursued in designing floor lamps that do not require additional surfaces and instead incorporate built-in trays or shelves.
3. Material Honesty - Opportunities exist in creating lighting fixtures that embrace the natural beauty and strength of materials, while still maintaining a visually appealing design.
1. Lighting - The lighting industry can explore the development of multi-functional fixtures that enhance practicality and functionality for users.
2. Furniture - Furniture manufacturers can incorporate space-saving design elements, such as built-in trays or shelves, into their floor lamp designs.
3. Home Decor - The home decor industry can focus on creating lighting fixtures that embrace the natural beauty of materials, adding an element of visual interest to interior spaces.