It’s hard to picture your Pabst Blue Ribbon-drinking, nose piercing-wearing, fixed-gear bike-riding hipster buddies not being surrounded by the noise and confusion of inner city living, which is why Louise Boye Andersen’s Dream and Reality photo series is such a captivating, semi-surreal look at the loose-fitting fashion of hipsters cleverly juxtaposed with the airy comfort of a country side.
Louise Boye Anderson created Dream and Reality for her MA project and says on her site that with these vintage-looking photos, she intended to portray the “contrast between dream and reality, and how that looks in a fashion context.”
With that said, Dream and Reality is a great showcase of hip style that has been adopted and transformed by these models’ uncharacteristic surroundings. By draping garments onto these usually straight shapes, Anderson’s photos combine fashions of our reality with images of another.
Louise Boye Andersen is Making Inner City Hipsters’ Dreams A Rea
1. Rural-urban Hipster Aesthetic - An opportunity for fashion brands and marketers to tap into a novel aesthetic that juxtaposes traditional country-side style with modern urban fashion.
2. Vintage-inspired Photography - A chance for photographers and artists to create nostalgic, dream-like visuals that contrast modernity with whimsy.
3. Consumer Desires for Authenticity - An opportunity for businesses and marketers to satisfy customers' desires for products and experiences that feel more genuine and resonate with their personal values.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Fashion brands can capitalize on the novelty of the rural-urban hipster aesthetic to create clothing lines that blend traditional country-side styles with modern fashion.
2. Photography and Art - Photographers and artists can use the vintage-inspired dream-like style of Louise Boye Anderson's photos to create new works that evoke a sense of whimsy, nostalgia, and contrast.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketers can appeal to consumer desires for authenticity by using visuals that combine unexpected elements in a way that feels genuine and resonates with personal values.