British car manufacturer Lotus has released a line of clothing called Lotus Originals. The iconic British manufacturer has shared its cars with the likes of James Bond and Steve McQueen, with hopes to attract the same recognized class in their collection of clothing and accessories.
The Lotus Originals line takes inspiration from their heritage of sports racing integrating tire tread patterns, vintage Lotus logos, racing stripes, car silhouettes and more.
Implications - Tired of the increasing number of exaggerated styles coming out, consumers are looking for designs that feature a simpler aesthetic. Products that are more subtle in their attractiveness appeal to those shoppers who want to maintain a classic appearance.
Lotus Originals Brings Sleek Vintage Styling to Your Wardrobe
1. Heritage-inspired Clothing - The trend of clothing lines inspired by a company's heritage presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to expand their brand identity into new markets.
2. Simpler Aesthetic Designs - The trend of appealing to consumers who want a subtler, more classic appearance presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to differentiate themselves from other exaggerated styles.
3. Iconic Logo Usage - The trend of using iconic company logos and designs from the past presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to capitalize on nostalgia and heritage.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can benefit from the trend of heritage-inspired clothing by expanding brand identity and appealing to consumers looking for classic designs.
2. Automotive - The automotive industry can benefit from utilizing heritage and iconic designs to sell branded clothing and accessories to car enthusiasts.
3. Marketing - The marketing industry can benefit from the trend of using nostalgic and heritage designs in advertising to create emotional connections with consumers.