Living History is an impressive augmented reality app from Union Station in Kansas, giving people a chance to see what went on in the building decades ago. The augmented reality storytelling app takes users on self-guided historic tours throughout Union Station, bringing figures Harry S. Truman, Walt Disney, Ernest Hemingway and events like the Kansas City Massacre to life.
The app conjures up ghost-like images of people when smartphones are held up in the right location, truly making it an immersive 360 degree storytelling experience. As well as being able to see history come to life before your eyes, the augmented app also makes it so that you can record and share piece of history with others on social media.
Union Station's Living History App Lets You Experience Parts of the Past
1. Augmented Reality Storytelling - Augmented reality storytelling is revolutionizing the way people experience historical sites and events.
2. Living History Apps - Living history apps allow users to experience the past through augmented reality and immersive storytelling.
3. Self-guided Historic Tours - Self-guided historic tours are giving people the power to explore historical sites at their own pace and in their own way.
1. Tourism - Tourism industry can benefit from investing in augmented reality storytelling technologies to enhance the visitor experience.
2. Museum Industry - Museum industry can integrate augmented reality experiences into their exhibitions to engage visitors and make history come alive.
3. Education - Education industry can leverage living history apps to provide interactive and immersive learning experiences for students.