Kaiju could be the best sport in the worldâ€”it's essentially wrestling meets live-action Japanese monster movies. I am more than a little in love with Kaiju.
Kaiju was the brainchild of some Boston art school students who then created an imaginary world where tins of chicken soup, heroes, hot dogs, villains, and lots of animated good guys go head to head in the wrestling ring.
Implications - Any company or brand that can create a product that is a slight alteration of an established commodity stands a good chance of attracting interest from fans of this product and others who have never been interested. By changing the recognized norm, the company immediately demonstrates inventiveness and originality, which strongly attracts consumers.
Kaiju Puts Japanese Movie Monsters in the Ring
1. Cosplay Wrestling - Creating entertainment experiences that combine elements of cosplay and professional wrestling, appealing to fans of both genres.
2. Kaiju Sport - Introducing a new sport that combines live-action Japanese monster movies, wrestling, and storytelling to attract a niche audience of fans.
3. Imaginary Worlds - Developing fictional universes and characters that engage audiences through interactive experiences like wrestling and storytelling.
1. Entertainment - Opportunity for entertainment companies to create immersive experiences that merge cosplay, wrestling, and storytelling to captivate audiences.
2. Apparel - Creating cosplay-inspired merchandise and clothing lines that cater to fans of cosplay wrestling and related genres.
3. Event Planning - Offering event planning services focused on organizing cosplay wrestling events and tournaments, targeting niche fan communities.