If you've ever been curious what it's like to zoom across a flat plain at 350 km/h, you have two options: Either watch the attached video or ask to test-drive a Lightning SuperBike, the fastest electrical motorcycle ever.
Somewhere on the arid Bonneville Salt Flats, professional driver Paul Thede mounted his Lightning SuperBike and revved the engine with the determination of a man after the land-speed record. And after hitting 350 km/h, it was clear that the Lightning SuperBike -- and indeed, all electric vehicles -- could reach the same performance milestones as traditional gas-engine cars. Beating the previous record by almost 70 km/h, the motorcycle's Remy HVH250 electric motor proved that diesel isn't necessarily the most manly fuel on the planet -- energy packs are just as intimidating.
At $40,000, however, the Lightning isn't a discount purchase. In fact, motorcycle enthusiasts can pick up a Suzuki Hayabusa for a fraction of the cost -- as long as they're willing to pollute the Earth, that is!
Lightning SuperBike is the World's Fastest Motorcycle, and it's Electric
1. Electric Motorcycles - Disruptive innovation opportunities lie in developing affordable electric motorcycles with high performance capabilities.
2. Alternative Energy Vehicles - There is potential for disruptive innovation in the development of alternative energy vehicles that can rival the performance of traditional gas-engine cars.
3. Fast Electric Vehicles - Creating faster electric vehicles opens up disruptive innovation opportunities in the automotive industry.
1. Motorcycle Manufacturing - There is a potential for disruptive innovation in the motorcycle manufacturing industry by focusing on the development and production of electric motorcycles.
2. Automotive Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunities can be explored in the automotive manufacturing industry by investing in the research and development of alternative energy vehicles.
3. Battery Technology - Disruptive innovation can be achieved in the battery technology industry by creating more efficient and affordable batteries for electric vehicles.