At the all-digital CES 2021, attendees will get to see LG's InstaView fridges, which incorporate UVnano technology to keep water dispensers free from germs. The UVnano is effective for removing up to 99.99 % of bacteria on the refrigerator's dispenser after 24 hours. While the technology was first introduced in 2017 on the company's premium water dispenser products, it is now being used to enhance household fridges to reduce the spread of germs.
In the midst of a pandemic, home appliances ranging from laundry machines to refrigerators are being enhanced with features that are focused on cleanliness to help households experience more convenience and peace of mind.
LG is also updating its InstaView Door-in-Door technology to minimize air loss and maximize food freshness, and the InstaView window is 23% larger than before.
Image Credit: LG Electronics USA
LG's InstaView Fridges Bring New UVnano Technology to CES 2021
1. Hygienic Home Appliances - In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, there is an opportunity for appliances manufacturers to enhance household appliances with features that prioritize cleanliness to promote peace of mind for customers.
2. UV-C Technology Integration - Integrating UV-C technology into household appliances can be a potential disruptive innovation opportunity to diminish the spread of germs and bacteria in households.
3. Smart Home Appliance Sensing Technology - There is a space for disruptive innovation for home appliance manufacturers to integrate smart sensing technology that tracks food, water, air quality levels and their respective dates of expiration into household appliances.
1. Home Appliance Manufacturing - Home appliance manufacturers have the potential to disrupt the market by integrating hygienic features and innovative technology to provide an enhanced customer experience.
2. Smart Home Technology - The integration of smart technology into home appliances presents a significant opportunity to disrupt the smart home technology industry as it relates to home appliances.
3. Cleaning Industry - The integration of hygienic features across appliances in homes provides a unique opportunity for the cleaning industry to partner with appliance manufacturers to promote health and wellness in households.