The LG Breathalyzer cellphone has introduced an anti-drunk dialing feature. It prevents that day after embarrassment of calling your ex, boss or even ex boss. The phone can be programmed to block those selected numbers if the breath analyzer records a blood-alcohol concentration over 0.08. The LG LP4100 is going to be released later this year, and has already sold 200,000 phones in Korea. (GUSH Magazine)
Implications - This breathalyzer product helps consumers avoid embarrassing situations that they may regret at a later date. Products that alleviate anxiety are profitable commodities, as many individuals will do anything to avoid an awkward situation. Businesses can benefit from the public's nervousness when it comes to emotionally heightened situations, as many customers will do anything to avoid these situations. Companies who stop these emotions from running high with certain products will appeal to these individuals.
End Of Drunk Dialing
1. Anti-drunk Dialing Technology - Opportunity for businesses to develop products that help individuals avoid regretful or embarrassing situations caused by alcohol consumption.
2. Personalized Safety Features - Opportunity for businesses to implement personalized safety features that cater to the needs of their customers.
3. Integrating Breathalyzer Technology - Opportunity for businesses to use breathalyzer technology to develop innovative products that cater to their customers' needs for safety and convenience.
1. Technology - Opportunity for tech companies to develop products that incorporate safety features for personal and public use.
2. Alcohol and Beverage - Opportunity for alcohol companies to collaborate with tech companies to promote responsible drinking habits and implement measures that can help reduce the risks of alcohol related incidents.
3. Telecommunications - Opportunity for telecommunication companies to promote their services by developing innovative products that cater to their customers' needs for convenience and safety.