Levi Strauss is to introduce a new range of 'iPod jeans' featuring built-in headphones, joystick and docking cradle.
The RedWire DLX range is designed for men and women, and has a special side pocket with a white leather patch to store an iPod.
A four-way joystick on the watch pocket allows the user to play/pause, track forward/back and adjust the volume without removing the player.
Implications - Technology is becoming increasingly inseparable from the lives of consumers. Levi's iPod Jeans represent an attempt to ensure that a piece of technology is never lost. In designing products that are built around prevailing technologies, companies should consider how and it what context the tech will be used in order to optimize design.
1. Wearable Technology - Levi's iPod Jeans showcase the integration of technology into fashion, highlighting the growing trend of wearable tech.
2. Smart Fashion - The introduction of Levi's iPod Jeans demonstrates the potential for fashion to incorporate intelligent features, paving the way for more innovative smart fashion products.
3. Convenience Tech - With features such as built-in headphones and joystick controls, Levi's iPod Jeans emphasize the increasing demand for convenient technology integration in everyday apparel.
1. Fashion - The collaboration of technology and fashion seen in Levi's iPod Jeans presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the fashion industry to further explore technological advancements in clothing.
2. Technology - The development of Levi's iPod Jeans showcases the potential for technology companies to collaborate with fashion brands and create unique, integrated products.
3. Consumer Electronics - Levi's iPod Jeans offer a new avenue for the consumer electronics industry to explore wearable tech and expand integration into clothing for enhanced user experiences.