'Letting Go' by HOT TEA is a new installation at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts that uses 84 miles of colored string. This project represents HOT TEA's interpretation of the sun, and uses warm hues to symbolize its warmth and vitality. HOT TEA called this project 'Letting Go' to represent a mourning process that commemorates the life of a friend, and is full of their warmth and happiness.
The time lapse video shows HOT TEA assembling the project and tediously trimming the lengths of the string into a curved bowl shape.
The mastermind behind HOT TEA is Eric Rieger, who is a talented freelancing street artist in Minneapolis. Rieger received a graphic design degree at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design, and is most notably known for his yarn graffiti street art.
'Letting Go' by HOT TEA is an Interpretation of the Sun
1. String Art Installations - There are opportunities to create visually stunning and immersive art installations using string as a primary medium.
2. Memorial Art Installations - There are opportunities to create art installations that commemorate the life of loved ones or events, creating a meaningful and impactful experience for visitors.
3. Yarn Crafts Industry - There is a growing market for yarn crafts, as consumers continue to embrace handmade and personalized items in their homes and fashion choices.
1. Fine Arts - The fine arts industry can explore the use of unconventional materials, such as string, to create unique and attention-grabbing installations.
2. Event Planning - Event planners can incorporate memorable installations like this into weddings, memorial services, or corporate events to create an impactful experience for attendees.
3. Craft Supplies - Companies that provide yarn and other craft supplies have an opportunity to capitalize on the growing demand for handmade and personalized items through targeted marketing and product offerings.