LEGO unveiled six new LEGO Minecraft sets in time for Minecraft Day 2022, which takes place on May 17th. The sets range from a small, 72-piece diorama of a Minecraft character running away from a 'Creeper,' an explosive creature in the video game, up to a large-scale 534-piece depiction of a game scene.
The 534-piece build is called 'The Training Grounds,' and it features numerous details that Minecraft enjoyers will immediately recognize. For example, The Training Grounds features trap doors, a forge, skeletons, a ninja, and many more characters and structures from the game.
The remaining four LEGO sets depict a house in the mushroom biome titled 'The Mushroom House,' a scene of two large creatures battling titled 'The Guardian Battle,' a quaint farm with a large rabbit titled 'The Rabbit Ranch,' and a fox-filled house titled 'The Fox Lodge.'
Image Credit: LEGO, Microsoft
LEGO Unveiled Six New Minecraft Builds for Minecraft Day 2022
1. Gaming Merchandise - There is a trend of companies producing merchandise related to popular video games.
2. Gamification of Toys - There is a trend of toys being designed to simulate popular games or media.
3. Building-based Play - There is a trend of toys that involve building and construction for play.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Toy manufacturers have the opportunity to create products that gamify popular games or media.
2. Entertainment Merchandising - Companies that specialize in entertainment merchandising have the opportunity to expand their product offerings to include building-based play toys.
3. Video Game Development - Video game developers have the opportunity to collaborate with toy manufacturers to create products that promote their games.