The Camilla Hounsell Halvorsen designed dusty collection LEGO jewelry. Halvorsen’s dusty collection features a necklace and bracelets made of painted pieces of recycled LEGO so that “the shape of the Lego is still recognizable [but is also] given…new function.”
This subtle white-washed LEGO jewelry is perfect for any nostalgic geekette who doesn’t want to proclaim her nerdiness. The fact that the LEGO jewelry is made with recycled materials only ups the awesome factor.
Implications - Consumers in modern society face so many different responsibilities that they are looking for a sense of ease from their products. Items that feature an element of whimsy appeal to those who want to be reminded of their simpler childhoods. Companies could develop more designs like this in order to attract more attention.
Camilla Hounsell Halvorsen's Dusty Collection Appeals to the Unassuming Geek
1. Whimsical Nostalgia - Companies could develop more designs like this in order to attract more attention by tapping into consumers' desire for products that evoke a sense of whimsy and nostalgia.
2. Recycled Fashion - The use of recycled materials in jewelry designs presents an opportunity for companies to tap into the growing demand for sustainable and eco-friendly fashion.
3. Subtle Geek Chic - Creating subtle and understated accessories like this LEGO jewelry allows companies to cater to the geek market without overtly proclaiming their nerdiness.
1. Fashion Accessories - The fashion accessories industry can explore the concept of using popular toys like LEGO in their designs to create unique and engaging products.
2. Eco-friendly Fashion - The eco-friendly fashion industry can leverage the use of recycled materials like LEGO in jewelry designs to offer consumers more sustainable and environmentally conscious options.
3. Geek Culture Merchandise - The geek culture merchandise industry can expand their offerings by developing more subtle and stylish accessories that cater to the nostalgia of geek consumers.