As of late, floral use in home recipes is becoming increasingly popular, including lavender ice cream and rose water-incorporating treats. This roasted cherry lavender ice cream is a summery recipe that not only includes seasonal produce (cherries), but is also a refreshing dessert that is sure to keep you cool in warm weather.
From the food blog Edible Perspective, the homemade ice cream is also appropriate for people with allergies, dietary limitations and restrictive lifestyles as it is gluten-free. To make your own at home, you will need fresh sweet cherries, pure cane sugar, whole milk, arrowroot starch, full-fat cream cheese, sea salt, heavy cream, dried lavender buds, honey and vanilla beans. While the food blogger uses an ice cream maker, you don't necessarily need one.
The Roasted Cherry and Lavender Ice Cream Recipe is Also Gluten-Free
1. Floral-inspired Recipes - Opportunity for food and beverage industries to innovate by incorporating floral ingredients in recipes.
2. Allergy-friendly Desserts - Opportunity for food and hospitality industries to cater to individuals with allergies or dietary restrictions by offering desserts with gluten-free and dairy-free options.
3. Home-made Ice Creams - Opportunity for retail industries to provide consumers with DIY ice cream-making kits.
1. Food and Beverage - Introduction of floral-inspired recipes can help the industry cater to consumers seeking unique and adventurous taste experiences.
2. Hospitality - The opportunity to expand the menu by offering food choices that cater to individuals with dietary restrictions can help increase footfall and customer satisfaction.
3. Retail - Offering DIY ice-cream making kits can help the industry cater to individuals seeking unique culinary experiences in the comfort of their own homes and can also be a gifting option.