The Lausitz Geierswald Resort in Germany’s Lusatian Lake District is waterfront living with a twist. Instead of having a getaway home with a lake in the backyard—the entire home itself is built on top of a lake.
Designed by Steeltec37, the Module House Arks (or floating homes) at the resort sit atop the water on a lightweight metal pontoon that promises to be unsinkable. The homes were designed to resemble sailboats and are luxurious and extremely self-sustainable.
The buoyant vacation homes offer a clean, modern aesthetic with an open-concept layout and feature a fully-furnished sun deck that rests just above the water that makes for a truly breathtaking getaway destination.
The Lausitz Geierswald Resort was created to be as Eco-friendly as possible and each home on the property includes design elements such as a solar-thermal energy-production system, fresh water reservoirs and filtration systems that allow the guest to maintain their own water supply and plenty of large windows that allow natural lighting to provide the majority of the home’s illumination.
The Lausitz Geierswald Resort in Germany Features Floating Residences
1. Floating Residences - The trend of floating residences presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in sustainable architecture and vacation home rentals.
2. Self-sustainable Homes - The rise of self-sustainable homes opens up possibilities for disruptive innovation in renewable energy systems and off-grid living solutions.
3. Eco-friendly Resorts - The demand for eco-friendly resorts creates disruptive innovation opportunities in sustainable hospitality practices and green building designs.
1. Architecture - The architecture industry can explore disruptive innovations in designing and constructing floating residences.
2. Renewable Energy - The renewable energy industry can seize disruptive innovation opportunities by developing advanced energy systems for self-sustainable homes.
3. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can embrace disruptive innovations in eco-friendly resort development to meet the growing demand for sustainable travel options.