Lagunitas Coffee Stout picks a new distinguishable barrel for brewing each year and for the latest release, the brand chose a barrel from the Willett Distillery. The barrel once held rye whiskey and the Willettized Coffee Stout features flavors that pull from the original wood, offering a beer that is 12.6% with a new and interesting flavor completely new to Lagunitas. This new beer has multiple flavors, including chocolate, coffee, oak and sweet sugar, giving it a unique and intense profile.
Available in a quantity of six, Lagunitas Coffee Stout is an Imperial Stout that is brewed directly in Kentucky and offers a 32.0 IBU, making it a must-try for craft beer enthusiasts.
Image Credit: Lagunitas
Lagunitas Coffee Stout Picks a New Brewing Barrel Each Year
1. Annually Brewed Stouts - Opportunity for breweries to create new and unique stout flavors every year, offering craft beer enthusiasts a constantly evolving experience.
2. Barrel-aged Beer - Opportunity to infuse beer with flavors from different types of barrels, such as rye whiskey, to create unique flavor profiles.
3. Coffee and Beer Fusion - Opportunity to combine flavors of coffee and beer to create new and unique taste experiences for consumers.
1. Craft Beer Industry - Craft breweries can increase consumer interest and loyalty by introducing annually brewed stouts with unique flavor profiles.
2. Distillery Industry - Distilleries can collaborate with breweries to provide barrels for barrel-aged beers, introducing their brand to a new audience and creating new revenue streams.
3. Coffee Industry - Coffee companies can collaborate with breweries to create coffee-stout hybrids, introducing their brand to a new audience and creating new revenue streams.