While Paris Hilton accessorized with a teacup Chihuaha, Lady Gaga’s teacup and saucer are actually real pieces of china… and almost getting more press than Hilton’s little yipper did in its heyday.
First she showed her love for teacup fashion in a China-patterned outfit. Now the teacup Lady Gaga has been accessorizing her outfits with goes with her new ‘sophisticated’ look of Derby-style wardrobe, complete with giant sunglasses and big brimmed hat.
“She [the teacup] hasn’t got a name but she’s quite famous now, so I made her stay in today,” Lady Gaga said. “I take her everywhere because she makes me feel at home. I used to have tea at home with my mother every day, you see”
Apparently, the 23-year-old singer is trying to save the environment—and I couldn’t think of a more chic, eccentric, and more Gaga way.
“I’ve made a habit of drinking out of china because it makes me feel grounded. I don’t think it’s a good lifestyle to always be eating and drinking out of paper. It’s very wasteful.”
Are fancy teacups the next ‘it’ accessory?
Lady Gaga's Cup & Saucer Are Eccentric, Eco and Famous
1. Eccentric Teacup Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a line of teacup-inspired fashion accessories to cater to the growing demand for unique and eccentric accessories.
2. Sustainable Tableware - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop environmentally friendly and stylish tableware options that promote sustainability while adding a touch of elegance to dining experiences.
3. Nostalgic Home Rituals - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create products and experiences that tap into consumers' desire for nostalgia and the rediscovery of traditional home rituals, such as tea time with loved ones.
1. Fashion Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine fashion and homeware by introducing a line of teacup-inspired accessories, such as handbags, jewelry, and headpieces, to cater to the niche market of eclectic fashion enthusiasts.
2. Tableware Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Invest in R&D to develop sustainable and aesthetically pleasing tableware options that appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
3. Home Decor and Lifestyle - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create home decor products, such as teacup sets and tea accessories, that embrace the nostalgia of traditional home rituals and cater to individuals seeking unique and personalized experiences.