If you're in a hurry to go anywhere, hailing one of the Sanwa Kotsu Turtle Taxis in Japan is not a smart move, considering that these vehicles specifically go at a snail's pace.
The vehicles aren't all slow-going, but on the inside of the cabs is a button that lets the driver know that you'd like a "slow drive." As bizarre as this concept seems, since the 16 taxis have been introduced to Japan, Sanwa Kotsu has seen a 15% increase in passengers asking for a slow ride, which seems to be the most popular among seniors, pregnant women and others who just have time to take the scenic route through the city.
The Turtle Taxi service is also highly committed to being eco-friendly and frequently shares tips on its site to help other drivers reduce fuel consumption.
Kotsu's Turtle Taxis in Japan Have an Option to Go as Slow as a Turtle
1. Slow-driving Taxis - The rise of slow-driving taxi services presents an opportunity for companies to cater to customers who prioritize comfort and scenic views over speed, while also emphasizing eco-friendliness.
2. Customer-driven Speed - The option for customers to choose their desired speed presents an opportunity for ride-sharing and taxi services to adapt and offer personalized experiences, improving customer satisfaction.
3. Eco-friendly Transportation - The Turtle Taxi service's commitment to eco-friendliness presents an opportunity for transportation companies to market their green initiatives and appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
1. Transportation - Slow-driving taxi services may disrupt the traditional speed-focused taxi and ride-sharing industry by catering to customers with different comfort and speed preferences.
2. Tourism - The slow-driving taxi service could appeal to tourism companies offering city tours, providing a unique and eco-friendly experience for travelers seeking scenic city views.
3. Automotive - The Turtle Taxi service's eco-friendly and fuel-efficient approach presents an opportunity for the automotive industry to invest in similar vehicles that cater to customers who prioritize comfort and fuel-efficiency.