'My Parents Love Each Other... and their Home' is a collection of photographs that explores the complicated relationship between photographer Paul Koncewicz's mother and stepfather. The series consists of intricately arranged and staged photographs that convey the couple's shared dreams, boundaries, power struggles and ultimately strong bond.
The collection is divided into two sections, the first exploring the couple themselves and the second looking at details of their house and personal belongings.
Some of the photographs of the couple show them engaged in mundane activities like watching TV or sitting around in the kitchen. The strangest image of the collection shows Koncewicz's mother sitting on her husband's back with him on all fours, carrying her around like a horse.
The photographs do a great job of capturing the nuances and complexities of an adult relationship, powerfully conveying that every relationship has positive and negative aspects that make for a natural balance and harmony.
Paul Koncewicz's Photos Capture the Bond Between His Mother & Step-Father
1. Intimate Relationship Photography - The creation of staged, unique photos that capture the complexities of intimate relationships, may disrupt the traditional family portrait photography industry.
2. Storytelling Photography - Using photography to tell a story that goes beyond a simple snapshot may disrupt the travel photography industry and create new opportunities for photojournalists.
3. Emotional Investment Photography - Creating photos that capture the emotional investment and nuance within relationships, may disrupt the wedding photography industry as couples seek more candid shots.
1. Fine Art Photography - Fine art photographers may seek to capture the emotional complexity within intimate relationships and create new artistic trends and forms of expression.
2. Fashion Photography - Fashion photographers may incorporate storytelling elements into their photoshoots, allowing for the creation of a more emotionally invested connection with clothing brands and fashion products.
3. Marketing Photography - Marketing photographers may incorporate the idea of emotional investment and nuance into their product photography, allowing them to capture the attention of consumers, and generate more relatable and powerful campaigns.