When I visited Beirut, Lebanon a few years ago I was blown away by the beauty of its coast and its infamous sea-side cliffs.
This creative billboard campain for Koleston Naturals utilizes this natural beauty to illustrate the fact that this women's hair dye is made from natural ingredients.
The billboards are strategically placed on a road side cliff with an unspoiled view of the sea and beautiful skyline. The woman's hair area in the billboard is cut as to capture the variations of this beautiful scene during the different phases of day and night, reflecting the variety of colors that Koleston Naturals offer.
The hair transforms from bright yellow to fire orange during the day. Once it starts to get dark, the billboard lights up, producing purple and vibrant colored hair.
Excellent use of nature to promote the charcateristics of the product.
Art direction by Celine Khoury, creative direction by Bechara Mouzannar, billboard illustration by Mark Calina for Leo Burnett ad agency, Beirut, Lebanon.
Koleston Naturals Uses Nature
1. Nature Billboards - Using natural surroundings in billboard advertising to promote products made with natural ingredients creates an opportunity for environmental awareness and consumer appeal.
2. Transformative Billboards - Innovative billboard designs that change during the day and night can capture the attention of passersby and create brand differentiation.
3. Placement-minded Billboards - Strategically placing billboards in scenic locations can have a strong impact on consumer perception of the product and enhance brand appeal.
1. Advertising - The use of innovative billboard campaigns presents an opportunity for ad agencies to create unique customer experiences and draw attention to their clients' products.
2. Beauty Products - Offering environmentally-friendly and naturally-made beauty products can be a disruptive innovation for brands looking to appeal to conscious consumers.
3. Tourism - Placing billboards in scenic and popular tourist locations can not only advertise products but also enhance the surrounding environment and create memorable experiences for tourists.