The Kochinsel by Remo Zimmerli, an industrial designer based in Bern, Germany, is a portable kitchen island that boasts more than extra counter space and shelving. It comes packed with a stove and oven in order to allow the chef to cook wherever he or she pleases in the home. For those living in small spaces, a common complaint often involves not having enough room or that the space they do have is poorly placed.
Rectifying the latter, the Kochinsel by Remo Zimmerli can be moved around wherever it is needed most or is simply most suitable at the moment. It doesn't need to be anchored to the wall thanks to its small tank of gas.
The Kochinsel by Remo Zimmerli Allows People to Cook Anywhere in the Home
1. Portable Kitchen Islands - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop compact and multifunctional kitchen islands with built-in appliances for flexibility and convenience in small living spaces.
2. Mobile Kitchen Solutions - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create portable kitchen units equipped with cooking essentials to provide a flexible and efficient cooking experience anywhere in the home or outdoor settings.
3. Space-saving Kitchen Appliances - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design compact kitchen appliances that can be easily moved and integrated into various living spaces, optimizing functionality and usability.
1. Home Furnishings - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the creation of portable kitchen furniture and appliances that enhance space utilization and cater to the needs of small homes and apartments.
2. Appliance Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative kitchen appliances that prioritize mobility and adaptability, enabling users to cook in any desired location within their households.
3. Interior Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate portable kitchen island designs as a functional and space-saving solution for interior designers to cater to the evolving needs of modern living environments.