Wi-fi routers generally all feature similar boxy designs, but the Kinetic Wi-fi router by JeonHwan Sohn showcases how art and technology can beautifully collide. Equipped with multiple swiveling antennae, the Kinetic Wi-fi router manages to visually display itself working in a way that is captivating and entertaining. The swiveling arms will only move when the router receives a connection and will completely stop when connection or direct power is lost. This feature is partly what makes the router so unique, as it provides a visual aid to showcase the functionality of the device.
The design of the router also encourages owners to place the device in full visibility as it resembles an elegant structure more than a basic piece of tech. Placement in more visible areas also ensures the router provides a stronger wi-fi signal as it isn't obstructed by walls or large pieces of furniture.
Image Credit: JeonHwan Sohn
The Kinetic Wi-Fi Router Encourages Prominent Placement
1. Artistic Router Design - The intersection of art and technology provide opportunities for artistic expression to be integrated into everyday technology.
2. Functional Design Displays - Technology can be designed to provide visual cues that enhance user understanding and experience.
3. Obstruction-free Wi-fi - Designs that encourage prominent placement for wi-fi routers can lead to better signal strength and user satisfaction.
1. Interior Design - Artistic router design could be a new element for interior designers to consider in their designs.
2. Consumer Electronics - Functional router design displays can enhance the user experience and create a unique selling point for manufacturers in the competitive consumer electronics industry.
3. Telecommunications - Obstruction-free Wi-Fi router designs can improve the signal strength and reliability of telecommunication services, leading to higher customer satisfaction.