To help kids eat their vegetables, a variety of brands are coming up with creative ways to sneak more good-for-you foods into everything from macaroni and cheese to chicken nuggets and smoothies—and Heinz is introducing a new kind of ketchup with veggies that looks and tastes as classic as ever. The Heinz Tomato Ketchup with a Blend of Veggies features a recipe with added carrots and creamy butternut squash, which were specifically selected to "maintain the same distinctive taste, appearance and texture that have been loved by generations of families for 150 years."
Notably, the kid-pleasing Tomato Ketchup with a Blend of Veggies has 25% added veggies and 25% less sugar as compared to the regular Heinz Tomato Ketchup, and its formula is also free from high fructose corn syrup.
This Ketchup with Veggies Has Added Carrots & Squash
1. Vegetable-enriched Condiments - Brands are adding veggies to condiments to offer new and healthier options to consumers.
2. Sneaking Vegetables Into Kids' Food - Brands are finding creative ways to incorporate vegetables into kids' meals to address nutrition concerns.
3. Reduced Sugar and Organic Options - Consumers are increasingly seeking food products with reduced sugar content and organic ingredients.
1. Food Manufacturing - Food manufacturers can explore adding more vegetables to condiments to cater to health-conscious consumers.
2. Food Service - Restaurants and other food service providers can offer healthier condiment options to diners, such as those with added vegetables and reduced sugar content.
3. Organic Food - Organic food companies can focus on incorporating organic vegetables into condiments to meet the growing consumer demand for organic products.