The Kav bike helmets are a safety accessory for avid cyclists to choose as a way to stay protected during rides while also keeping attention on their comfort.
The helmets start off by sending a fit kit to the consumer, who takes their measurements before sending it back to the company, where it's 3D-printed in a matter of weeks. Priced at just over $300, the helmets are rated to provide impressive safety capabilities and be comfortable at all times during wear. The company is printing the helmets out of a factory in Redwood City in Silicon Valley, which will start taking orders to delivering the safety equipment all across the country.
The Kav bike helmets take a domestically produced approach to goods, which could help immensely by avoiding supply chain bottlenecks abroad.
Image Credit: Kav
Kav Bike Helmets Are Printed to the Person's Exact Needs
1. Customized 3D Printing - Opportunity to disrupt the manufacturing industry by utilizing consumer measurements for 3D-printed products.
2. Domestic Manufacturing - Opportunity to disrupt the supply chain industry by avoiding overseas production through local factories.
3. Personalized Safety Equipment - Opportunity to disrupt the safety industry by creating customized safety equipment based on individual measurements.
1. Sporting Goods - Opportunity to disrupt the cycling industry through custom 3D-printed equipment such as helmets.
2. Manufacturing - Opportunity to disrupt the traditional manufacturing industry through the use of 3D printing and customization.
3. Supply Chain Management - Opportunity to disrupt the supply chain management industry by using local factories for production.