The Katsugyo Bag, designed in Japan, is a cutting-edge carrying case made to contain live fish to keep them extra fresh. The Katsugyo Bag operates similarly to a portable aquarium, with the fish being able to live within the case for a limited time before use. In a food economy where freshness is key, this design facilitates peak freshness by allowing the user to control when and where the fish is finally subdued.
The carrying case's prototype offers options for setting oxygen and temperature levels for full oversight on the purchase-to-pan experience. The Katsugyo Bag has an impressive capacity for multiple small fish or one larger fish like a catfish. Because the Katsugyo Bag is still in beta, the prototype is subject to change as the designers move toward a product release.
Image Credit: Reef Builders, MikeShouts
The Katsugyo Bag is a Conceptual Carrying Case that Keeps Fish Fresh
1. Live Fish Delivery Services - The Katsugyo Bag's design presents an opportunity for disruptors to enter the live fish delivery market, providing customers with fresh fish that can be stored and delivered straight from the Katsugyo Bag.
2. Smart Fish Tanks - The Katsugyo Bag's technology could lead to the development of smart fish tanks that allow users to control oxygen and temperature levels, monitor water quality, and optimize fish health.
3. Eco-friendly Seafood Transport - The Katsugyo Bag's use of a portable aquarium system instead of single-use packaging presents an opportunity for environmentally-conscious seafood suppliers to transport and store their products in a sustainable way.
1. Seafood - The Katsugyo Bag has potential to disrupt the seafood industry by providing a new way to transport and store fish, impacting everything from supply chain logistics to consumer experience.
2. Aquaculture - The Katsugyo Bag's technology can benefit the aquaculture industry by offering a reliable and efficient method of transporting live fish, simplifying and streamlining processes from harvesting to delivery.
3. Smart Home - The Katsugyo Bag's portable aquarium technology could be integrated into smart homes, providing a futuristic way for homeowners to care for their fish and control the environment of their tanks.