The definition of what makes a chandelier has changed throughout recent years, but one of my favorite contemporary translations is the Kartonklunker Chandelier. Designed by Rainer & Tobias Kyburz, this fancy fixture is anything but crystalline, yet it emits such an elegance that many would hardly notice that it's actually made of cardboard.
The beauty of this hanging lamp is its hands-on nature that one does not have access to with many historical examples. The object arrives in a postmarked package with a set of instructions for the owner to manufacture it himself. An instruction manual describes how each piece of corrugated paper must be slotted into the next, and the final product of the Kartonklunker Chandelier has such lighthearted grace that one would hardly guess it's homemade.
The Kartonklunker Chandelier Combines Low Materials for High Class
1. DIY Decor - The trend of manufacturing decor products at home by providing an instruction manual is on the rise.
2. Sustainability in Design - Increased use of recyclable materials to make high-quality and elegant products is an emerging trend in the design industry.
3. Cardboard Creativity - Innovative use of cardboard as a material in creative product design is an emerging trend in the industry.
1. Home Decor - Home decor brands can disrupt the industry by providing DIY assembly instructions for customers to manufacture high-quality products at home.
2. Sustainable Materials - Manufacturing and design companies can disrupt the industry by using eco-friendly and recyclable materials to create elegant products, thereby catering to the growing demand for sustainable options in the market.
3. Creative Design - Product design companies can disrupt the industry by creatively using unconventional materials, such as cardboard, to create unique and elegant designs that appeal to customers who seek something different.