Would you want to occupy one of the rooms above at Hotel Biba during the Kara Walker-Tome 'Showtel' art event? Granted, some of the rooms aren't as unlivable as the underwater one, but I'm sure people have as much of an aversion to pink palaces as they do to not breathing.
Giving artists free reign of the hotel as well as their creativity, the Kara Walker-Tome 'Showtel' art project takes place every year in Florida. For the past eight years, there has been everything from sculptures to performance art there.
The Kara Walker-Tome 'Showtel' Project Turns Hotel Biba into Art
1. Artistic Hotel Collaborations - Hotels collaborating with artists to create unique and immersive art experiences for guests.
2. Underwater Hospitality - Hotels designing underwater rooms and experiences for guests seeking a one-of-a-kind adventure.
3. Performance Art Venues - Hotels doubling as venues for performance art, providing artists with a unique space to showcase their work.
1. Hospitality Industry - The hospitality industry can explore creating unique and immersive art experiences for guests, catering to those interested in art and culture.
2. Construction and Engineering Industry - The construction and engineering industry can explore the innovative design of underwater rooms and experiences for hotels, increasing the appeal of these destinations for adventurous travelers.
3. Art Industry - The art industry can collaborate with hotels and utilize their unique spaces as venues for performance art, reaching new audiences and creating immersive experiences.