The Just One More... jewelry collection is filled with wearable art. A continuation of her fascination with paper, which was first explored in her Folds line, Israeli designer Lital Mendel has decided to take it up a notch. As her title suggests, she plays with paper in such a way that she creates long sinuous necklaces that beg the statement, 'Just one more....'
Made up of hundreds of folded paper, the necklaces featured in the Just One More... collection often determine the snaking shape it takes on. Mendel writes, "It is hard to pinpoint the exact moment when instead of controlling the material, it begins to have a will of its own and to influence the design process. [...]The creation of this collection always involves dealing with the conflict between the material and its ‘will’ and my intentions the designer."
Lital Mendel's Just One More... Collection Has a Mind of Its Own
1. Wearable Art Jewelry - The Just One More... collection showcases the trend of wearable art in the jewelry industry.
2. Innovation in Paper Jewelry - Lital Mendel's sinuous paper necklaces represent a disruptive innovation opportunity in the world of jewelry design.
3. Material-driven Design - The conflict between the material and the designer's intentions in the Just One More... collection highlights the trend of material-driven design in the fashion industry.
1. Jewelry - The Just One More... collection presents opportunities for innovation and experimentation in the jewelry industry.
2. Fashion - The sinuous paper necklaces by Lital Mendel showcase a unique approach to fashion accessories, opening up new avenues for creativity and design.
3. Arts and Crafts - The Just One More... collection's use of folded paper necklaces demonstrates a disruptive innovation opportunity in the arts and crafts industry.