There are plenty of websites that connect people to people, people to information and people to products, but the aim of Jumo.com is to link the public to charities as a means to raise awareness and funds for a plethora of desperate causes.
At the Mashable and 92Y Social Good Summit, Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes spoke, communicating his ideas for Jumo.com as a medium to market altruism through social media. Compared to Facebook Pages, Jumo.com should succeed in better educating users about various causes, in addition to providing the means to make online donations.
Mashable & 92Y Social Good Summit
Jumo.com Will Connect Users to Non-Profit Organizations
1. Virtual Philanthropy - Jumo.com's emphasis on raising awareness and funds for non-profit organizations through online platforms presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for virtual philanthropy.
2. Social Impact Media - The creation of Jumo.com as a social media platform for showcasing a variety of causes creates a disruption in social impact media and presents an opportunity to streamline awareness of non-profit organizations and related content.
3. Humanitarian Crowdfunding - The potential for Jumo.com to leverage crowdfunding initiatives to increase fundraising for non-profit organizations creates a disruption in traditional fundraising models and a potential opportunity for innovative humanitarian crowdfunding applications.
1. Social Media - Jumo.com's emergence as a new addition to the social media landscape creates an opportunity for existing social media companies to pivot towards a focus on social impact.
2. Non-profit - Non-profit organizations will increasingly have the opportunity to utilize innovative online platforms such as Jumo.com to raise awareness, connect with donors and streamline their operations.
3. Fintech - FinTech companies have the chance to forge new partnerships with initiatives such as Jumo.com to facilitate online donations, increase financial transparency and enable greater social impact on the ground, especially in underserved communities.