The versatility and striking aesthetic value of Jordanian design are displayed in a carefully curated collection of collectible objects from the gallery Adorno. Titled 'Departures,' the collection combines the work of 10 contemporary design studios and all items were handpicked by Rana Beiruti who is the co-founder of Amman Design Week. As such, there are a variety of forms and materials employed throughout Departures.
Bringing a slew of Jordanian designs together, Beiruti places the spotlight on how studios are bringing together the design traditions of the region with playful sensibilities that are more contemporary in nature. Departures includes vases and objects by Ammani studio Twelve Degrees which embraces forms that are inspired by landscapes, a "decidedly space-age aluminum Jupiter coaster set by Andre Mcheileh," and more.
Image Credit: Cielo Alejandra (photographs), Iñigo Inchaurraga (renders)
Departures Combines the Work of 10 Design Studios
1. Jordanian Design Collection - Curating a collection of Jordanian designs can lead to opportunities for showcasing unique objects to a wider audience beyond the Middle East.
2. Contemporary Design Traditions - Combining traditional design elements with contemporary sensibilities can lead to new and exciting forms in the design world.
3. Playful Design Aesthetics - Incorporating playful sensibilities into design can create unique and eye-catching objects that stand out from the crowd.
1. Art and Design - There is a growing market for unique and collectible objects in the art and design industry, especially those from underrepresented regions such as the Middle East.
2. Tourism and Hospitality - Hotels and other hospitality businesses could benefit from incorporating Jordanian design objects into their interior design, offering guests a unique and culturally-rich experience.
3. Retail - Retailers could tap into the growing interest in culturally-specific design objects and curate collections from various regions around the world to offer consumers a diverse range of unique and collectible products.