Johnnie Walker Whisky has created a unique experience for its customers that is not only innovative, but also incredibly informative. By partnering up with Norwegian printed electronics firm Thinfilm, drinks giant Diageo has managed to bring smart technology to the alcohol industry to ensure that counterfeiting is addressed in a more active manner. This is achieved by confirming the age authenticity of connected Johnnie Walker Whisky bottles.
Beyond that, by being connected to the cloud, these Johnnie Walker Whisky bottles bring another marketing tool to the company. The brand will be able to communicate more directly with its customers to enhance their experience and presence in general. This is achieved through OpenSense NFC tags that include special sensors capable of connecting with smartphones.
Johnnie Walker Whisky Tech-Savvily Confirms Age Authenticity
1. Connected Liquor Bottles - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating smart technology into liquor bottles to address counterfeiting and enhance customer experience.
2. Cloud-connected Packaging - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilizing cloud technology to connect packaging and enable direct communication with customers.
3. Printed Electronics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging printed electronics to create smart packaging solutions for the alcohol industry.
1. Alcohol Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Implementing smart technology in liquor packaging to combat counterfeiting and improve customer engagement.
2. Packaging Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing cloud-connected packaging solutions to enhance brand-customer interaction and provide valuable product information.
3. Printed Electronics Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Expanding the use of printed electronics in the alcohol sector to create connected packaging that confirms product authenticity and offers interactive features.