This infographic lists jobs becoming obsolete. From software company CIPHR, '10 Professions That Are Becoming Extinct' is a list of positions that will likely no long exist in the coming years, in large part due to technology.
The chart says automation in particular is one factor in a technologically advancing society that will affect each of these roles. Some of the jobs becoming obsolete seem pretty straight forward, such as the video rental clerk. Others seem debatable, like the social media community manager. But according to the infographic, there's an 89% increase in the amount of positions that have 'social media' in the job description but not in the job title.
This list of 10 is likely just a starting point as technology continues to change.
The CIPHR Infographic Lists 10 Jobs Becoming Obsolete Because of Technology
1. Automation in Job Roles - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing automation technology to replace human labor in various industries.
2. Technological Impact on Career Paths - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating new job roles or retraining professionals to adapt to the changing technological landscape.
3. Shift Towards Digital Skills - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Providing training and education programs to equip individuals with the necessary digital skills for future job prospects.
1. Human Resources - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Implementing HR automation systems to streamline processes and reduce manual labor.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging technology to develop automated advertising solutions and AI-driven marketing campaigns.
3. Education and Training - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offering online learning platforms and vocational programs to reskill individuals affected by job obsolescence.