The Jeremy Scott NYFW show was relatively short, however the six styles that he presented lingered in the minds of viewers for some time after.
Making use of vibrant colors, which were paired with simple black tones, each of the ensembles were made to pop. Known for his eccentric designs, the American fashion designer's work stood out on the runway for its unconventional twist on some menswear staples.
Examples include a black button-up that covered with the fishnet-wearing legs of a pin-up model, a bright blue biker jacket that's paired with silky pop art portrait pants and a gooey graphic sweater that reads "Slime City" on the front. The Jeremy Scott NYFW show also made use of checked trouser designs and leather highlighter pink pants.
These Six New Looks Were Debuted at the Jeremy Scott NYFW Runway Show
1. Pop Art Menswear - The trend towards incorporating bold hues and pop art prints into menswear provides an opportunity for designers to experiment with unconventional twists on traditional staples.
2. Unconventional Designs - As models walked the runway emblazoned with pop culture-inspired motifs such as gooey graphics and slogan sweaters, it is clear that there is an emerging market for statement-making designs that break fashion conventions.
3. Gender Fluidity - The incorporation of fishnet stockings on a menswear button-up signals a shift towards gender fluid fashion that presents new opportunities for designers to challenge toxic masculinity and celebrate individuality through clothing.
1. Fashion - Fashion designers and retailers can capitalize on the trend towards pop art menswear by introducing unconventional designs and statement-making pieces in their collections that appeal to individuality and self-expression.
2. Art and Design - Pop art and graphic designers can inspire and challenge fashion designers to feature bold and colorful prints, which enables a more unique aesthetic in the fashion industry.
3. Entertainment - The influence of pop culture in menswear highlights the important role that entertainment plays in shaping fashion trends, presenting new opportunities for collaborations and crossovers.