Jean Charles de Castelbajac is an artist and designer of Moroccan and French descent and he works in collaboration with Palace once again to help design the Spring/Summer 2020 collection. The duo start from the artistic visuals and poetic language of Jean Charles de Castelbajac's work.
He states, "for the second chapter of Palace and JCC, I have joined the energies of these elements (signs and symbols) to design a strong, pop and powerful capsule for the urban life.” The capsule features plenty of playful elements and cheerful energy that is translated through the implementation of Pop Art elements. The standout design in the collection are the Tri-Ferg hoodies detailed with the coloful illustrations done by the artist.
Image Credit: Palace Skateboards
Palace Skateboards Taps Jean Charles de Castelbajac for SS20
1. Artist-collab Fashion Collections - Collaborating with artists or designers can bring a fresh and unique perspective to fashion collections, attracting a new audience and increasing brand awareness.
2. Pop Art-inspired Designs - Incorporating elements of Pop Art into fashion design can create visually stunning and lively collections that stand out in the market.
3. Capsule Collections - Creating limited edition capsule collections with artists or designers can create a sense of exclusivity and urgency among consumers, boosting sales.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can collaborate with artists or designers to create exclusive and unique collections that set them apart from the competition.
2. Streetwear - Streetwear brands can benefit from incorporating bold and playful elements, such as Pop Art, into their designs to appeal to a younger and trend-savvy audience.
3. Art - Artists can leverage collaborations with fashion brands to increase their exposure and reach a wider audience, creating a new revenue stream.