Although I don't know if I would feel safe storing my money in something that is essentially edible, the Jay Cousins wallet is still pretty neat. This do-it-yourself project shows that if you're sick of the typical, quality leather wallets on the market, you can always fashion one for yourself out of kitchen ingredients.
According to PSFK, the Jay Cousins wallet is "made out of a bioplastic created with starch, water, vinegar and glycerine." Utilizing laser-cut techniques and good old fashioned stitching, this is definitely one wallet that you won't see on every person.
The Jay Cousins Wallet was Fashioned Out of Kitchen Ingredients
1. Biodegradable Wallets - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create biodegradable wallet options that appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
2. DIY Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop DIY fashion kits that allow consumers to create their own unique and personalized accessories.
3. Alternative Materials - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the use of unconventional materials, such as kitchen ingredients, to create innovative and eco-friendly products.
1. Fashion Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce sustainable and unconventional materials into the fashion accessory industry for a more eco-friendly and unique product offering.
2. DIY Market - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Tap into the growing DIY market by offering creative and sustainable DIY fashion projects and kits.
3. Bioplastics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Invest in research and development of bioplastics to create sustainable and biodegradable alternatives for various industries, including fashion accessories.