There are are least three particularly unbelievable facts about Izhar Gafni's Cardboard Bicycle. The first is that it can cost as little as nine dollars to manufacture, the second is that it's made almost entirely out of corrugated paper, and the third is that -- considering the first two qualities -- this two-wheeler has the capacity to support a 485-pound person.
The designer has managed to exceed expectations from every front in his successful prototype for an emission-free conveyance that's relatively environmentally-friendly to produce, that's incredibly cheap and mind-bogglingly strong. Not only is the frame of Izhar Gafni's Cardboard Bicycle made from layers of the unconventional material, but so are the handlebars, the wheels and even the seat.
Izhar Gafni's Cardboard Bicycle Can Support a Whopping 485 Pounds
1. Sustainable Transportation - The innovation of a low-cost, environmentally-friendly and high-strength cardboard bike presents an opportunity for disruptive growth in the sustainable transportation industry.
2. Circular Economy - With the cardboard bike designed for optimal recycling/reuse, the circular economy industry can tap into opportunities for disruptive growth by leveraging on such innovation.
3. Affordable Manufacturing - The cardboard bike's low-cost production process creates an opportunity for disruptive growth within the affordable manufacturing industry.
1. Green Technology - The cardboard bike innovation fits into the green technology industry which can leverage new opportunities to accelerate the adoption of environmentally-friendly transportation solutions.
2. Bicycle Manufacturing - Innovation to create high-strength, low-cost bicycles will disrupt the traditional bicycle manufacturing industry.
3. Packaging Design and Manufacturing - The success of the cardboard bike can create opportunities for disruptive innovation in packaging design and manufacturing to create sustainable and eco-friendly products.