Picking a pair of headphones usually consists of having to make the choice between on-ear designs and earbuds, but the conceptual 'Iris' headphones look to change this. Featuring an on-ear design that doesn't have a headband, the headphones allow you to simply swipe up on the side of the ear cup to open the exterior section of the unit to hear those around you. This eliminates the need to fully remove the device from your ear to increase overall efficiency and ensure quick conversations or interactions are as such as well.
The conceptual 'Iris' headphones are the design work of Mauricio Carvajal and Susana Restrepo, and identify the need for more fluid technology products as consumers continue to integrate them deeper into their lifestyle.
Image Credit: Yanko Design
The 'Iris' Headphones are Inspired by Two Different Designs
1. Fluid Technology Products - There is an opportunity to create more technology products that seamlessly integrate into users' lifestyle, like the 'Iris' headphones.
2. Innovative Earphone Design - There is an opportunity to explore new, disruptive designs for earphones, like the on-ear and headband-free 'Iris' headphones.
3. Efficiency-boosting Headphones - There is an opportunity to create headphones that increase overall efficiency, like the 'Iris' headphones that allow users to hear their surroundings without fully removing the device from their ear.
1. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry can further explore on-ear and headband-free designs for earphones to improve user experience and satisfaction.
2. Audio Equipment Manufacturing - Audio equipment manufacturers can invest in creating innovative and efficient headphone designs like the 'Iris' headphones to gain market share.
3. Personal Accessories Retail - As the demand for technology products that integrate into users' lives continues to grow, personal accessories retailers can explore stocking more fluid and innovative products like the 'Iris' headphones.