We have featured many exciting truck design concepts, but a concept is one thing and reality is another. That is what makes the new International LoneStar, which will be out by Fall 2008, the most advanced and stylish truck out there. Navistar International Corp. has just unleashed the new flagship product at the Chicago Auto Show. The LoneStar will be available for order in North America beginning in April 2008 with production starting in August 2008 at Navistar's plant in Chatham, Ontario, Canada.
So why all the buzz? Well, the LoneStar combines fuel-saving aerodynamic sexy design with a boatload of on-board technological features and luxuries that include Bluetooth connectivity, Monsoon stereo system with 11 speakers, sub-woofer and amplifier, a desk-like workspace for laptop computers, wooden flooring, swivel chairs and a pull-down bed with a 42-inch premium mattress. It boasts standard ABS, roll stability and traction control with the automotive inspired interior incorporating dash and gauges with rosewood or titanium trim, closed â€œairlineâ€ cabinets for maximum storage and of course, a mini refrigerator.
The aerodynamic elements of the hood, windshield and side skirts combine to deliver between 5 and 15 percent better fuel efficiency than classic trucks according to Navistar, equating to an annual savings of $3,000 to $8,000.
International LoneStar Coming in Fall 08
1. Luxurious Trucks - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop and market high-end truck designs with luxurious features and advanced technological capabilities.
2. Fuel-saving Aerodynamics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create and implement aerodynamic elements in truck design to improve fuel efficiency and reduce operating costs.
3. On-board Technological Features - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate advanced technological features, such as Bluetooth connectivity and workspace for laptops, into truck interiors for improved comfort and productivity.
1. Truck Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Revolutionize the truck manufacturing industry by incorporating luxurious features, aerodynamic designs, and advanced technological capabilities into truck models.
2. Automotive Electronics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop and produce cutting-edge electronic components and systems for trucks, including Bluetooth connectivity, stereo systems, and on-board workspaces.
3. Transportation and Logistics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offer high-end trucking services with luxurious trucks equipped with advanced features to cater to premium clients and enhance the overall transportation experience.