Health brand Medtronic has teamed up with tech giant retail for a co-branded insulin pump that is smartphone-connected. The MiniMed diabetes management system is not only a sophisticated way to monitor one's illness but is also ultra convenient and organized for sufferers of the disease.
Connecting to one's phone or tablet, this mobile diabetes system lets users view and monitor their glucose levels in real time. In the case their levels are too high or low, users are able to seek treatment or take a designated medication before symptoms become more serious or unmanageable.
The aim of this advanced insulin pump is to make the lives of those with diabetes easier. In addition to monitoring health levels, the device and its accompanying app are said to also provide food info and health stats for those with diabetes that are dining out or participating in social events.
Samsung and Medtronic Team Up for a New Product That Treats Diabetes
1. Smartphone-connected Insulin Pumps - The co-branded insulin pump that connects to smartphones presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the healthcare industry by providing real-time monitoring and convenience for diabetes management.
2. Mobile Diabetes Systems - The development of mobile diabetes systems opens up disruptive innovation possibilities for improving the lives of diabetes patients by offering real-time glucose level monitoring and personalized treatment options.
3. Integrated Health and Wellness Apps - The accompanying app of the co-branded insulin pump offers disruptive innovation potential by providing not only health monitoring but also food information and health statistics for diabetes patients, enhancing their overall wellbeing.
1. Healthcare Technology - The collaboration between Medtronic and Samsung for the co-branded insulin pump represents an innovative opportunity that could disrupt the healthcare technology industry by integrating smartphone connectivity and diabetes management.
2. Pharmaceutical - The partnership between Medtronic and Samsung in creating a smartphone-connected insulin pump brings potential disruptive innovation to the pharmaceutical industry by offering more convenient and efficient diabetes treatment options.
3. Wellness and Personal Care - The introduction of smartphone-connected insulin pumps and mobile diabetes systems provides disruptive innovation opportunities in the wellness and personal care industry, empowering individuals with diabetes to manage their health more effectively.