Google and 'Song Exploder,' a popular music podcast, have combined forces to create 'Inside Music,' a VR experience designed to let music fans really get into their favorite songs. With the 360 degree experience, users can literally get into their favorite songs thanks to a combination of spatial audio technology and VR.
The Inside Music platform creates a virtual environment where each piece in a song is represented as a different node. Walking around in the space changes the aural atmosphere: moving closer to the 'lead vocals' node will increase the volume of that track while decreasing the volume of the tracks that the user moved farther from. Users can also turn off nodes completely to isolate different sections of the songs.
Inside Music currently features songs by Phoenix, Perfume Genius, Natalia Lafourcade, Ibeyi, Alarm Will Sound, and Clipping.
Google's 'Inside Music' Lets Users Explore Songs Spatially
1. Spatial Audio Technology - Opportunity for businesses to explore and develop immersive audio experiences that enhance user engagement and interaction.
2. Virtual Reality Experiences - Opportunity for industries to create innovative VR content that allows users to explore and interact with music in new and immersive ways.
3. Song Deconstruction - Opportunity for music and technology companies to offer tools and platforms that allow users to deconstruct and analyze songs on a granular level.
1. Music - Disruptive innovation opportunity for music industry to create unique immersive experiences that enhance listener engagement and interactivity.
2. Technology - Opportunity for technology companies to develop new VR platforms and spatial audio technologies for enhanced music experiences.
3. Podcasting - Opportunity for podcasting industry to explore new formats and collaborations with music artists to create immersive audio experiences for listeners.