The Hong Kong Innovation Tower by Zaha Hadid Architects appears to zoom through the cityscape with its futuristic design aesthetic.
Created as the new Jockey Club Innovation headquarters at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, the building towers over the campus at the northeast end. This facility will create vast space for university-related functions and boasts 10 classrooms, design studios, and lecture halls. Innovation tower is composed of 15,000 square meters of space to accommodate the institution's needs.
Though the building is highly functional, it does not abide by conventional institutional aesthetics. As is customary for Zaha Hadid architects, the look of this building is highly futuristic. With its sleek design and utilitarian appeal the tower is a phenomenal addition to the school's campus. The building's construction began in 2009 and will be completed by 2013.
The Innovation Tower by Zaha Hadid Architects Appears Fluid
1. Futuristic Architecture - The trend of futuristic architecture in institutional buildings is disruptive innovation opportunity for architects and engineering firms.
2. Utilitarian Design - The trend of utilitarian design in building construction is a disruptive innovation opportunity for construction companies and contractors.
3. Campus Revitalization - The trend of campus revitalization through innovative building designs is a disruptive innovation opportunity for education institutions and real estate developers.
1. Architecture - The architecture industry can leverage futuristic and utilitarian design trends to create innovative institutional buildings.
2. Construction - The construction industry can leverage utilitarian design trends to create functional and sustainable buildings.
3. Education - The education industry can leverage campus revitalization trends to create innovative learning environments and attract students.