'Afrezza' recently launched a new campaign for its inhaled insulin product. For pharmaceutical companies that specialize in diabetes, it is important to demonstrate how a particular product can help a patient increase their quality of life. These clever ads outline the advantages of using inhaled insulin instead of needles and pens each day.
The direct-to-consumer campaign features a series of ads that appear online as well as in print. The ads feature three people casually using their inhaled insulin in public places such as restaurants and parks. The idea is to show patients the ease of using an inhaler instead of a needle. The ad comes with the tagline, "surprise, it's insulin," which alludes to the fact that the inhaler provides a more subtle way of managing diabetes in public.
Rather than simply providing information about the product, the Afrezza ads show consumers exactly how the product would fit into their daily life.
These Ads Demonstrate a Better Way for Patients to Manage Diabetes
1. Inhaled Insulin - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing and marketing alternative methods of delivering insulin that are more convenient and discreet for patients.
2. Direct-to-consumer Campaigns - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating impactful advertising campaigns that demonstrate the unique benefits and advantages of a product, increasing consumer awareness and adoption.
3. Personalized Medicine - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Tailoring medical treatments, such as insulin delivery, to individual patients to optimize effectiveness and improve patient satisfaction.
1. Pharmaceutical - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring and developing new technologies and delivery systems for medical treatments, advancing patient care and treatment options.
2. Healthcare - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating innovative medical technologies, such as inhaled insulin, into healthcare systems to improve patient outcomes and reduce treatment barriers.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilizing creative and impactful strategies to promote and educate consumers about new medical products, increasing acceptance and usage.