This informative infographic makes a bold statement with its title, 'Big Brother is a Technology Company.' Comparing modern day to something out of a dystopian novel, California-based company Baynotes states many companies are invading customers' privacy. The graph analyzes the business methods of five key players in the tech industry: Google, Amazon, Facebook, Apple and Yahoo. Though subscribers to these online services willingly agree to share information, Baynotes believes that it isn't all that necessary to ask for this type of data to get the profitable results.
These companies all use customer information to target advertise, but Baynotes says useful and relevant data doesn't always have to invade people’s privacy. Baynotes offers multi-outlet retailers personalized and relevant data based on what is trending among consumers at the time, simply using key search terms.
This Informative Infographic Says Big Brother Exists
1. Privacy-invasion-free Target Advertising Trend - A trend that offers targeted advertising without invading customer privacy by using consumer trends and key search terms.
2. Personalized Retail Data Trend - A trend that offers retailers personalized and relevant data based on consumer trends, increasing efficiency and sales.
3. Ethical Data Collecting Trend - A trend that emphasizes ethical data collection by providing customers with an option to share their data willingly instead of automatically collecting it.
1. E-commerce Industry - The e-commerce industry can utilize the personalized retail data trend, allowing for an increase in sales and efficiency.
2. Advertising Industry - The advertising industry can capitalize on the privacy-invasion-free target advertising trend, offering advertisers a more ethical way to target customers.
3. Big Data Industry - The big data industry can jump on the ethical data collecting trend, creating software with an option to share data willingly instead of automatically collecting it.