German automaker BMW is developing futuristic inductive charging technology for cars that enables car-owners to charge their electric cars wirelessly. The charging capability provided by this technology is similar to that offered by regular cable charging, but requires a lot less effort. All drivers have to do is park their vehicle and press a button to begin the wireless charging process.
BWM hopes that the inductive charging technology will make their electric cars more attractive to prospective car-buyers. The technology is designed to work with BMW i car batteries as well as other electric cars under development by the company.
The wireless charging system reduces the chance of mechanical wear and tear, as it doesn't require physical connectors. Drivers simply have to drive over to a charge station and activate it by pushing a dashboard button. The charging system then takes care of business while keeping the driver updated on charging status via a smartphone app.
BMW is Developing Wireless Inductive Charging Systems for Cars
1. Inductive Charging Technology - The development of inductive charging technology for cars presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the automotive industry by providing a more convenient and effortless way to charge electric vehicles.
2. Wireless Charging Systems - The introduction of wireless charging systems in the automotive industry opens up opportunities for disruptive innovation by eliminating the need for physical connectors and simplifying the charging process for electric cars.
3. Smartphone App Integration - The integration of smartphone apps in wireless car charging systems creates potential for disruptive innovation by allowing drivers to easily monitor and control the charging process remotely.
1. Automotive Industry - The development of wireless and inductive charging technology presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the automotive industry by offering a more seamless and convenient charging experience for electric vehicles.
2. Consumer Electronics Industry - The integration of wireless charging systems in cars creates potential for disruptive innovation in the consumer electronics industry by enabling the development of new wireless charging accessories and technologies.
3. Energy Industry - The adoption of wireless and inductive charging technology in cars presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the energy industry by driving the demand for more efficient and sustainable energy sources to power electric vehicles.