Whether it's a pair of good friends, family members or couple who enjoy snuggling up together, the Improvising by Sitting collection would keep them cozy. Where you might otherwise have to pull two chairs together, designer Debbi Nitsan has already done the work by fusing furniture together.
She's assembled a set of siamese chairs that allow one person to sit comfortably forward and a second one to put her legs across her companion's lap. She's been provided with a backrest that encourages such a position. A pair of lawn chairs have been brought together and overlapped to produce a T-shaped arrangement, enabling abdomens as headrests and easy hand-holding.
The eccentric pieces of Improvising by Sitting may be made of hard wood and metal but there is a wonderful coziness to the way they can be used.
Improvising by Sitting Was Designed to Accommodate Intimate Duos
1. Fused Furnishings - Opportunity for interior designers to create multifunctional solutions by fusing different furniture pieces together.
2. Intimate Seating - Opportunity for furniture manufacturers to design innovative pieces that encourage cozy and intimate seating arrangements.
3. Innovative Joining Techniques - Opportunity for materials and manufacturing companies to develop new techniques for fusing different materials and pieces of furniture together.
1. Interior Design - Fused furnishings can offer space-saving and multifunctional solutions for interior designers working with limited space.
2. Furniture Manufacturing - Intimate seating arrangements can be designed and manufactured to meet the demands of customers looking for innovative and ergonomic furniture solutions.
3. Material Science - Innovative joining techniques can provide opportunities for materials and manufacturing companies to create new products and technologies that can improve the functionality and aesthetics of furniture pieces.