Ice Music by Tim Linhart involves instruments made out of ice, which has been dubbed ICEstruments. Yet another mind-boggling example of how artists and designers are finding ways to use this cold material in unique and interactive ways, the orchestra was created to celebrate the winter spirit of Swedish Lapland.
Located specifically in Luleå, Sweden, Ice Music by Tim Linhart is comprised of a variety of instruments including a violin, viola, cello, contrabass, banjo, mandolin, guitar, drum kit and xylophone. Interestingly, the sound of these instruments has not been compromised by the unorthodox material used. Taking place in an wintry igloo that is kept at a constant temperature of 23ºF, the chilly environment is made inviting with mesmerizing lights and breathtaking music.
Ice Music by Tim Linhart Celebrates Winter Spirit of Swedish Lapland
1. Ice Instruments - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the application of ice materials in other industries such as architecture or interior design.
2. Interactive Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine technology and art to create immersive experiences that engage multiple senses.
3. Winter-themed Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative winter-themed entertainment concepts that incorporate unique materials and elements.
1. Music - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create alternative musical instruments using unconventional materials to inspire new sounds and genres.
2. Hospitality - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design ice-themed venues or experiences in the hospitality industry to offer unique and memorable experiences for guests.
3. Tourism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop winter tourism attractions that showcase the cultural and artistic aspects of the destination in a novel way.