Artist Ian Blasco has created a foam chair that looks heavy--as if it were carved out of volcanic rock. The Metamorphosis Chair by Ian Blasco is a polypropylene foam chair that is jagged and rock-like on the bottom, and flat like a chair on the top. The design is so interesting because it looks like a rock but is instead super-light.
Check out the interesting Metamorphosis design by Ian Blasco above that makes a foam chair look like rock.
Ian Blasco Creates a Metamorphosis from Polypropylene
1. Foam to Rock Trends - Exploring the use of polypropylene foam to create rock-like designs for furniture and decor can lead to unique product offerings.
2. Lightweight Furniture Trends - Innovating furniture designs that resemble solid heavy materials but are instead super-light can revolutionize the furniture industry for both commercial and residential sectors.
3. Jagged Design Trends - Designing furniture that incorporates jagged and asymmetrical shapes can add an interesting touch to home interiors and commercial spaces alike.
1. Furniture Industry - Using lightweight materials and experimenting with unique designs can lead to innovative product offerings and greater market differentiation.
2. Interior Design Industry - Incorporating furniture with unique designs such as the Metamorphosis Chair into interior design projects can provide a creative and interesting focal point for room designs.
3. Decor Industry - Creating home decor items that resemble natural elements such as rocks and boulders using unconventional materials can lead to one-of-a-kind products that appeal to consumers seeking unique design elements.