Hyperloop Transportation Technologies is working on building an 8-km passenger track in California's central valley.
You could think of the Hyperloop as a cross between a Concorde train, a rail gun (as seen in Quake 3: Arena and other video games) and an air hockey table. The original design was intended to get passengers from Los Angeles to San Francisco in half an hour but this is not going to be the case with this track, but it's still an encouraging start.
The building of the Hyperloop will also be allied with the construction -- from a scratch -- of a planned community that will be built on 7,500 acres of land halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles.
With the Hyperloop making the transition from concept to reality, the future of transportation looks very exciting indeed.
The Hyperloop Could Represent the Future of Sustainable Transport
1. Sustainable-transport-revolution - The Hyperloop represents a disruptive innovation opportunity for sustainable transport, potentially revolutionizing the way people travel.
2. Infrastructure-development-opportunity - The construction of planned communities alongside the Hyperloop tracks presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for urban development and infrastructure.
3. Futuristic-transportation-solutions - The transition of Hyperloop from concept to reality opens up a disruptive innovation opportunity for future transportation technologies and advancements.
1. Transportation - The Hyperloop has the potential to disrupt the transportation industry, offering a more sustainable and efficient mode of transport.
2. Real Estate - The construction of planned communities along the Hyperloop tracks creates a disruptive innovation opportunity for the real estate industry, attracting inhabitants to new urban developments.
3. Technology - The development and implementation of Hyperloop technology presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the technology industry, pushing the boundaries of transportation advancements.